How To Prepare For A Design Meeting
Many of our customers have asked us how they can best be prepared to make effective use of their time and ours. Here are our suggestions:
- Bring your measurements, floor plans and/or blueprints with you when you come to your meeting so we can see as much information about the actual spaces we are going to be designing for you right at the beginning.
- Bring as many pictures of your actual room as you can. Send them to us via email if you would like ahead of time and we can have them printed out so when we begin our discussion we will be able to see the actual space itself and what you already might own that we need to incorporate in our design for you.
- Bring pictures of other rooms that you've seen that appeal to you. Go through them ahead of time and make sticky notes about what you find appealing. Don't worry if you're not exactly clear about what you do and don't like, just telling us you like the "feeling" of a particular room is enough. We are experts in interpreting the design elements of that room that make it appealing to you and we will help you flesh out your reasoning by asking intelligent questions.
- Discuss beforehand with the relevant decision makers a financial range for this purchase that makes all decision makers comfortable. If you have no idea what to expect, do some research on the internet beforehand to get a general sense of what you need to invest to achieve the quality and visual level that you would like to live with. We would be happy, also, to give you a range of what you can expect once we know what your needs are and your timeline for completion.
It is very important for us to know this information at the beginning of the process. There are so many options in the world of design and if we know that you have a certain financial range that works for you, we will stay within those limits so we don't waste your time showing you options that won't work for you.
We can put together a beautiful home for you within almost every price range except the very low end. Whether you want the home of your wildest dreams and the sky is the limit or you want a winter vacation retreat that you are going to rent out for 9 months a year, we can help you stay within your comfort zone financially if you will let us know at the beginning of the process.
- When it comes time for you to make your purchase decision, make sure everyone, whether family or friend, who will be involved is available to come in and help you decide.
With these five tips in mind, we can help you in a much more time efficient manner and make the entire design process much more relevant to your needs and desires.